Fabric Wall Art

God's Promises
God's Creation
Noah's Ark
Hi. My name is Marie. The fabric wall art you see posted is something i started a couple of years ago. The church i attend was getting ready to open a third location, (one church,three locations) how awesome, right? Anyway, my Pastor's wife asked if i would do something to make the walls of the nursery look good. I asked her what would she like for me to do. She went on to say, maybe put a tree and some animals or something to that nature. "Oh!" she said. And would you make a Big Bird. Well i'm thinking she want a big bird on the wall. Sure, I told her. How big do you want it. But she said "No, Big Bird". I told her sure I can make Big Bird. (as if i've made it before). I'm a believer and I live a righteous life. And in Romans 1:17 it says "the righteous will live by faith" Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying if you're not a believer that things won't work out for you. I'm just telling you about myself. To me, i feel like my life is a testamony. And that by reading my blog, I will be able to encourage someone. Anyway, back to my story, uh, i mean testamony :).  In my mind I'm saying "how in the world am i going to make Big Bird." I prayed and asked God to use my mind and my hands to somehow come up with something that looks as close to Big Bird as i possibly can. So, for a whole week along with staying up til 1 o clock each morning I came up with....Big Bird.  I didn't realize how big he was until i added his legs. He turned out to be 5 1/2 feet tall.
This was my very first item i've ever handmade. That let me know that when i stepped out on faith and said "sure I can do Big Bird", God already had my back. God is awesome!!! if you don't mind God lead me to end today's blog with a scripture. "Everything is possible to him who believes" Mark 9:23. Have a Blessed Day!


To view more crafts like this go to   wallzdotalk at etsy.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's some big bird! Hope your Christmas was filled with joy! Loving the daily scriptures!

MarieMc said...

Thank you. My Christmas was blessed. Enjoyed that wonderful day with my children and grandchildren. So glad you're loving the scriptures.

Post a Comment